Photobucket

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pretty Pretty Paris...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yup. Back to our Europa trip. The 3rd destination. The city i loved the most. The city of light. Paris Oh Paris!

It's really an indescribable feeling, like you've heard so much bout Eiffel, read so much bout The Louvre in Da Vinci Code, seen so much of Paris in movies, in magazines, in travel books. But finally, here you are, walking along the streets of Paris itself. It simply felt so wonderful. I dunnoe why but being in Paris itself makes me a happie gal. =)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us Wow. 4 full days ahead of us. 4 wonderful, perfect days full of sweet memories for us. We stayed in a hotel called Tryp De Saux. Took us quite awhile to find it, cos it's quite ulu. But hey, it's less than 2km from eiffel! Wow. That means we can see the tower everytime we walk out of or back into our hotel. Woohoo. Eiffel in the early morning, Eiffel in the evening, Eiffel at nite. Thanks to jw for finding such a good location. Hee. Villa De Saux was the road name. The room was quite clean n comfy, although of cos not as nice as hilton. But it was better than we expected (I think we had rather low expectations, better to be pleasantly surprised than to be disappointed rite??) and this was already more than good enough for us. So long as we are together. =p

Well, i muz really say the metro system in Paris is so amazing! Practically brings you anywhere you want. Lonely Planet said there's no spot in paris that's more than 500m away from its nearest metro station. Cool rite? The metro n RER maps might seem confusing at first glance with all the multi-coloured coding and overlapping lines, but after awhile it's really easy to navigate. Hee. Even for a map idiot like me could read it. But hor, even wif such an accessible transport system, we still ended up walking for tens of kilometres when we were exploring the city. Haha.

Day 1
Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomphe, Palace Chaillot, Invalides, Champs-Elysees


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us We had a real good close up of Eiffel in the day. Well, I think here alone we took tens of pics, or even hundred. (well, total I took about 1000 pics in paris) Jw would always like to experiment and take pics of me with the famous buildings/monuments standing tall over me in the background. Hee. But he always takes very nice pictures lar. Of me, of us, of the scenery. Chey, and I tot I was the one who studied visual communication. Wahaha. Anyway, Eiffel was magnificent! Yesh, it is just metal joined together but somehow I really admire Gustave for being the architect behind this giant tower. Was soooo looking forward to seeing Eiffel sparkle at night.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Oh yeah, here is the magnificent Arc De Triomphe, where you stand tall at the intersection of a web of 12 avenues and witness a splendid view of Paris. We walked quite a long way to get here, and we must have climbed hundreds of steps along the spiral stairway to reach the top. Took videos of each other along the way, and took alot of videos/pics from all the angles at the top of the Arc. What I loved most was the view of Eiffel (yesh it had lit up!~) and the view of Champs-Elysees (their Orchard Rd). =)




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us This is Champs-Elysees as seen from Arc De Triomphe. I think I took nicer pics with my Canon Ixus 75, but too bad can't post here. Wahaha. But quite nice rite? I really love night scenery. Well, we also did some shopping at Champs-Elysees on our last day. Ate McDonalds (we ate alot of Macs on this trip!), visited the 7-storey LV building, but dun tink we bought anything. Waha. Woooo. We also caught the ending of Tour De France on this street during our last day. Way cool!! Took videos of them zooming past, think the cyclists rode as fast as a Ferrari could. Whoooooshhh. Amazing. Jw also bought a Tour De France kit, with a T-shirt, 2 wristbands (1 for me!), a teddy bear keychain (for me too!) and 4 magnets (wooo, all for him becos he's a magnet collector now).

Day 2
St Severine, Notre Dame, St Chapelle, Conceigerie, Rue De Rivoli, The Louvre, Hotel De Villa, Grand Palace, Palais Royal, Fun Fair

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Yup, finally we found Notre Dame. & hey entrance was free! Ain't the building pretty? You should see the carvings up close, real delicate and skilfully done. But well, alot of buildings in Europe are like that. I love the stained glass in Notre Dame. What you see in books isn't exaggerated. You can really take pics like this one on the right. Woohoo. Real pretty.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us One of my most loved places in Paris. Where else, but The Louvre. I dunnoe why it draws me to it so much, but I won't mind coming back here time after time. I love the Pyramids, they look splendid; I love the works of art, even though I can't appreciate them deeply; I love the architecture; every inch of the walls and ceilings were so beautiful. Though we spent bout 4 hours inside, I think we didn't even complete one tenth of it. & oh, on Fridays after 6pm it's free for people under 25. Which means for me! Waha. But not for jw. Cos' he's old man liaoz. *chuckles*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I finally saw the Mona Lisa. Wow. There were so many people crowded round her. She was shielded by this glass protector, but visitors were still allowed to take pics. Some say that this painting is fake, and that the real one has been hidden away somewhere. But well, I would still like to believe that this is real. hee. Woo. I also saw Da Vinci's paintings like Madonna of the Rocks. Tried hard to analyse what the audio guide was trying to tell me, but well, really very deep. Look at their ceilings. Ain't it magnificent? We took close-ups in every room that we went to. Really really pretty.

We had Jap food for dinner near The Louvre cos I really wanted to see how it looks at nite. Well, it didn't disappoint me.. =) Wait for me Louvre, one day I'll be back...


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Day 3
Versailles, Montmarthe, Moulin Rouge, Sacre Coeur

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWooo. Jw knew I really wanted to visit Versailles, so on Saturday, we took the RER to the outskirts of Paris. We visited the Versailles Palace and the Garden. & oh, we had a tiff here. The first and probably the last of our entire trip. All becos he said I was insistent on him quitting smoking, when I thought he was the one who wanted to kick the habit. haha. Right. Watever. Which couple doesn't bicker.. So long as can get over it can liaoz, hor?? Anyway, we were fine when we stepped into the Palace. Kaoz, so beautiful and so magnificent ley, how can anyone bear to get angry in here instead of admiring the splendor.. Keke. I love the Garden! You should see the flowers and the fountains, really pretty and grand. Love it love it love it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usAfter Versailles, we departed for Montmarthe, where the Sacre Coeur and Moulin Rouge are located. Looks sort of like their old town. We had Tibetian food for dinner! Hee. Jw was so gian. Cost us about S$60, which is considered around thImage Hosted by ImageShack.use norm there. We took alot of silly videos here too, like performing 'swallowing' the fork, 'swallowing' the serviette, acting like dharma blah blah. Wahaha. The people sitting beside us were so amused. Guess all this stuff will always be stored in our memories, won't it, jw? Anyway, I thought Sacre Coeur was really, really pretty. Greenish under the moonlight, and the pics we took were like those you only see in travel books or on computers after DI. Wow. & hey, montmarthe was so happening! Narrow streets, pubs, staircase landing where soooooo many were sitting there just to enjoy the night view of Paris and listening to some guy performing on his guitar. It felt so nice to be there and then, with jw, enjoying every moment of the nite. & that nite was our countdown to our 4th Anniversary. Hehe. Perfect. =) Like I said, Paris was Perfect. Lucky us.

Day 4
St Michel, Latin Quarter, Pantheon, Eiffel Tower Summit


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWell, you know, we didn't eat breakfast almost everyday. Haha. Why? Cos we will sleep till 10plus 11am. Wahaha. LAZY PIGS. But then again, the hotel didn't provide us with complimentary breakfast too, so we saved $$ rite? Hee. But our afternoons and night time were fully utilized because every nite my legs ached like mad when we stepped back into our room. Oh, I had two crepes in Paris. One Nutella with banana, the other just plain sugar crepe. Hee. Nice. I like!! I know jw doesn't. Wahaha. Which is why I also pei him to go and eat things like Tibetian food and Indian food (yesh indian food! Two bryanis which cost us S$66!) Hehe. BUT, kai xin jiu hao.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Eiffel, oh pretty Eiffel. Finally, we were going up up up. To the top. Hee. Today was our 4th Anniversary. 29 July 2007. I waited eagerly for this moment to arrive. There were 3 levels, and of cos, since you are there, might as well go up to the summit right?? Hee. We spent hours queueing and hours up there on the summit. Well. & then the best part of the trip happened. As we forgot to go get our anniversay presents at Champs-Elysees, we decided to split up there and then to get each other a gift from the souvenir shops. I got jw this little rugby ball with the EU flags, along with a sepia postcard of the glittering Eiffel at nite, saying "My life was colourless till you came along and put the sparkle into it..Happie 4th Anniversary" (smtg lidat lar, quite cheesy hor?) Jw bought me a pinkish necklace with a mini eiffel as the pendant. Nice! I like. Haha. & that was when we got engaged, there and then, on top of Eiffel, with the sunset behind us, and a baguette in our hands. Then when we got to the bottom of Eiffel, we lay down on the grass patch, side by side, witnessing the tower light up right in front of our eyes. Yesh, the Eiffel glitter that captured my heart and soul. Can you see it? It's like a dream, to me. Like a fantasy that I thought only happened in movies. Like a picture jumping right out of a fairy tale into reality. Ain't I the luckiest gal in the world? It ain't matter that there's no ring, ain't matter that we lost our valuables eventually, ain't matter so much now that we lost all our pics too. Because I guess I finally realised, what's important should really be kept in the heart. & like what jw says, our treasure is each other, not our pretty photos. Yar. I fully agree now.

Dear jw, thanks for asking me to be your fiancee. Eh, still remember last time u didn't even know what this word means. haha. 4 years liaoz, i think we saw each other grow up alot. You, from a party animal who likes to drink, gamble, smoke, to a 28-year-old man who is ever so filial to his parents and ready to take on family life and responsibilities. Me, from a chilidish, obstinate, ignorant teenager to a 24-year-old gal who has grown more mature, more understanding, and now also ready to move on to another phase of life. Well, this year ain't a good year for me. I suffered alot of heartaches along the way, but thank you, for being there for me each step of the way. I know you will read this when you return from sailing, and I just wanna say Happie 49th Monthliversary to us.. on this special day..

To others reading this post, ehhhh, sorry I didn't mean to be mushy, but the 29th of every month is a special day to me lar. keke. Well, hope you like my summary on Paris because I guess these were the highlights of my trip there. Hope we can all cherish whatever we have in front of us, and never take anything for granted, because when you lose it, that's when the world comes crumpling down and it takes ages to build it up again..

My PRIZED & MOST PRECIOUS collection of pics

Haha. So, indeed I lost my 2000 pics and 300 videos all thanks to the thief. BUT, look!! I got the below precious and invaluable drawings from none other than the Great Artist Mr Low Jiun Wee. Hehe. Yesh, he draws really well and he drew this for me when we lost our stuff. Awww. Thanks jw~ These are much more precious to me than any of the pics we lost. Why, you might ask, since there's no colour, and it's drawn with an ordinary pen on an ordinary notebook? Because every stroke contains the ingredient love, and you can't buy this with money. =) enjoy my mini art gallery! Woohoo. Try spotting us in every pic! keke. Au Revoir!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Photobucket~Summer~ 10:25 PM



My name:
Summer Goh Yun Shuang
My wish: To lead a life with no regrets..
My belief: Life is beautiful & always full of hope..

Quote of the season:
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for...




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

what's up


our little precious

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

韵双的话

与我分享我心中的点点滴滴...
Photobucket

recent breeze

It's a Secret..
Beautiful Brussels...
You are loved...
Alluring Amsterdam..
Sweet Sweden..
Back home...
Europa - Our Love Journey...
Europa here we come...
White roses...
The power of time..


whispers of the wind

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they are still alive.

O.A. Battista

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself.

Ethel Barrymore

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.

Moliere

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Stephen Levine

last season

May 2005
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
September 2012

friends

Aaron
Andy
Cindy
Click Clique
Diana
Elvina
Esther
Howie
Ivy & Kenneth
Jenny
Jingxian
Katherine
Kexin
Lijun
Michelle
Priyah
Sabrina
Sean
Seline
Sherin
Sherline
Sooyi
Vera
Weimin
Xiaoling
Yingzhen
Yong Siang
Zhili


my visitors