Photobucket

Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's a Secret..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is my 100th post. Haha. I finally hit 100. =) & I've decided to blog on something that really got me inspired.

Watched Jay Chou's Secret last nite. Have you? I didn't think of watching since it started showing when I was in Europe, but everyone's telling me I should go listen to the songs, so well, I went with Pearlene (my TJ buddy) to watch it at Vivo yesterday.

W-O-W. That was my reaction to the show, really dunnoe how else to describe it. I didn't know it'll be dat good. Did see the news on Yu Le Bai Fen Bai that the show is breaking records in China during the opening week and Jay Chou looks set to defeat established director Zhang Yi Mou. Did also read in papers that Jay is directing a movie based on some of his real life experiences, which makes me wonder which. But I figure out it's probably the lovey-dovey and sweet stuff that the couple does. Really sweet. Simple things like fetching her home on his bike, eating ice cream and doing 'gan bei' (aka cheers) with ice cream cones, putting a finger on each other's cheek everytime they meet etc..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


What I didn't expect was that it was really so good. The twist to the show (well, kinda expected but yet it's so skilfully done), the piano competition (aka dou qin), the dramatic ending, his vastly improved acting skills (I think he suits this kind of role much more than in Curse of Golden Flower), the ever-so-funny Anthony Wong as his dad (again!), the enchanting melodies whenever they play the piano, well, everything was just quite tastefully done and in a manner that I adore. Ehhh. But I guess everyone has different taste rite? so maybe i will like the show, but u won't. That's why we should always take movie reviews with a pinch of salt. Doesn't mean all 1-star shows are lousy and all 5-star shows ain't necessarily fantastic.

I cried during the show. Well. Guess it doesn't take much to make me shed tears in the first place. But well, my friends all said they didn't cry. Sometimes I wonder why it hits me so much. Even License to Wed made me tear. Why huh?? Hmmm.. dunnoe.. These movies just strike an emotional chord within me somehow, somewhere. But that's why I thoroughly enjoy watching movies too. Keke. Funny comedies, sad movies, action-packed thrillers, love stories, sci-fi plots. Anything. Believe I once told someone that that's something I learn from every movie or every drama that i watch. Dunno y. But there's always something I can reflect upon and ponder about. Well, maybe I think too much bah. But, that's just me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So, I really like this movie and kudos to Jay Chou for his commendable first time effort as a director cum producer cum male lead. One of the best Asian titles I've watched this year. & guess wad? Finally I'm putting in some effort to make my long time dream of taking up piano/keyboard lessons come true. Made a few calls to Yamaha and checked their website today. Hee. If my pocket allows, I WILL start a music course. Since my Cali fitness membership is also terminating in Nov and I'm just wasting my monthly membership. Wahaha. *imagines* Me playing the keyboard! Woohoo.. If only my Grade 1 teacher didn't pao qi me and migrate, if not maybe I will learn to Grade 6 now. Wahaha. But neh. I stopped there and then. Sigh.

It'll be good to have a dream. Ren yin meng xiang er sheng cun (aka Dreams help to keep us alive). So, I'll let you know when I finally fulfill my dream since childhood.. =) Somehow, music also reminds me of ishi.. and maybe subconsciously I wanna do it because of him too..

Rightey!! jw, u'll support me hor? Hee. My most faithful blog reader and bf. Support as in mentally, not financially. Keke. But of cos lar, if I'm gg sweden, then i have to take up music course in Sweden then.. wahaha..

Till next time, Tata!! Be back for our Paris update.. where the most beautiful thing happened to me on our Europa trip.. Our engagement on 29 July 2007..


Photobucket~Summer~ 2:12 PM



My name:
Summer Goh Yun Shuang
My wish: To lead a life with no regrets..
My belief: Life is beautiful & always full of hope..

Quote of the season:
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for...




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

what's up


our little precious

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

韵双的话

与我分享我心中的点点滴滴...
Photobucket

recent breeze

Beautiful Brussels...
You are loved...
Alluring Amsterdam..
Sweet Sweden..
Back home...
Europa - Our Love Journey...
Europa here we come...
White roses...
The power of time..
I miss you so much...


whispers of the wind

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they are still alive.

O.A. Battista

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself.

Ethel Barrymore

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.

Moliere

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Stephen Levine

last season

May 2005
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
September 2012

friends

Aaron
Andy
Cindy
Click Clique
Diana
Elvina
Esther
Howie
Ivy & Kenneth
Jenny
Jingxian
Katherine
Kexin
Lijun
Michelle
Priyah
Sabrina
Sean
Seline
Sherin
Sherline
Sooyi
Vera
Weimin
Xiaoling
Yingzhen
Yong Siang
Zhili


my visitors