Photobucket

Friday, June 05, 2009

Yummy foodie here i come!~


いただきます!

So we will be back in Singapore in a month's time! Finally! It's been a long 11-month period since we bidded farewell to our friends and family at the airport. Well, even though it may sound long, but sometimes when I think back about it, I guess time really can fly. I always say that. Haha. Time has WINGS! Everything seemed to flash past quite quickly and we have already celebrated our first year of wedded life as hubby and wifey.

Anyway, I wanted to think of the few food items that I crave so badly and swear that I will gobble all of them not once, not twice, but as many times as I can when I step back onto the beloved island. Hehe. I wonder how many of them coincide with jw's, should be quite alot bahz! Hopefully he will bring me around and satisfy all my food cravings. Wahaha. =) Luckily they are all cheap and easily bought food though. So, here goes the list.

1) Kentucky Fried Chicken!

Yeah, you may be the memorable place where we lost all our belongings in Barcelona, but you remain as my No. 1 favourite fast food chain. I wanna eat hot, juicy, crispy chicken thighs and drumsticks! Woohoo! Along with all the fats! Hee.

2) Hainanese Chicken Rice

Though we always try to cook this dish at home in Sweden, we can never get the true real taste of the authentic Hainanese Chicken Rice back in Singapore, especially the gravy!!~ So, it's a must-eat too!!

3) Rojak

Rojak has never been one of my favourite favourite food back in Singapore, but somehow I miss it after all this while. Keke. It will be nice to tuck into some yummy, but clean and hygienic, indian rojak in July!


4) Prawn Noodle Soup

Yeah I am thinking about the Big Prawn Noodle store that jw used to bring me, mummy and popo to. Where they had nice wu xiang also. *drools* I wanna eat the pork ribs and big prawn noodle soup along with some chilli powder and nice lime juice!

5) Kuehs and more kuehs

Mummy always use to buy kuehs for me for breakfast or snacks last time. I miss kuehs! All the different kinds of kueh. Like xiang jiao gao and bai tang gao. Oh, I guess this is something jw won't miss, he was never that much into kuehs. Hehe.

6) Boon Lay Nasi Lemak

This was one of our favourites when we were in NTU. The super power nasi lemak that always had super duper long queues. I miss the yummy crispy chicken wings, otah, fragrant rice and even the chilli sauce! wahaha.

7) Orh Lua

I always eat this without eating the orh, and I still find it super yummy. Hee. Market 85 and East Coast Food Centre both have yummy orh luas that I like. And alot of other places too lar. Hee. I wanna eat the starchy starchy egg!!

8) Katong Laksa

How can I give this a miss... I love it soooo much!! I can eat two bowls of it at once because it's so yummy! Love the noodles and the soup. Just thinking bout it makes me drool. Hee. I will make sure I eat this when I get back. The real authentic Katong Laksa, not the imitation ones!

9) Roti Prata

I also keep telling jw that I wanna eat prata when we go back. Hee. Not just any kind of prata, but the super crispy go-song kind that he brings me to eat with his parents. I forgot where. Wahaha. But I like pratas! I wanna eat not only a few go-song, but prata with egg, plasters, tissue prata and drink milo peng and kambing soup all together!

10) Bah Chor Mee

Last but not least, one of our favourite supper places, Bedok Market 85! Right beside our secondary school. Hehe. The bah chor mee is a classic, so I really wanna eat it too! Oh and not only bah chor mee, but also BBQ chicken wings, satay, porridge, sting ray (which I can't eat now boohoo) are all our usual tuck in dishes!~ Jw loves to eat the bah chor mee here too. Hehe. So I'm pretty sure we will go there. Keke.

Well, that's it! The ten dishes that I wanna gobble down when I get back. It's not an exhaustive list, I can still write down more. Waha. But well, you get the idea. =) These are the first few I thought of. Hehe. Cheap, yummy, finger-licking, authentic Singaporean food, here we come soon!


Photobucket~Summer~ 2:14 AM



My name:
Summer Goh Yun Shuang
My wish: To lead a life with no regrets..
My belief: Life is beautiful & always full of hope..

Quote of the season:
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for...




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

what's up


our little precious

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

韵双的话

与我分享我心中的点点滴滴...
Photobucket

recent breeze

First trip to Stockholm... 楽しかったの!
New clothes for shuang shuang...
BBBBBBBB...
Zuo Bian...
How to quit procrastinating..
My precious moments in April 09...
It's coming..
Turning 26...
Let's Celebrate!~
Back to school...


whispers of the wind

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they are still alive.

O.A. Battista

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself.

Ethel Barrymore

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.

Moliere

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Stephen Levine

last season

May 2005
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
September 2012

friends

Aaron
Andy
Cindy
Click Clique
Diana
Elvina
Esther
Howie
Ivy & Kenneth
Jenny
Jingxian
Katherine
Kexin
Lijun
Michelle
Priyah
Sabrina
Sean
Seline
Sherin
Sherline
Sooyi
Vera
Weimin
Xiaoling
Yingzhen
Yong Siang
Zhili


my visitors