Photobucket

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The sun will rise..


I watched 'The Leap Years' yesterday. Stars Li Lin, Ananda Everingham, Qi Yu Wu & Joan Chen. Sad, romantic, sweet love story. As usual, I cried. None of my other friends did, so they laughed at me for being emotional. Fine. I admit. Guess I'm just easily touched. Wonder if that's a good or bad thing after all.

"In three words, I've learnt everything I needed to know about life -- It goes on."

I heard this quote before, but somehow, seeing it appear in the show yesterday stirred up some feelings again. Quite a sad quote dun you think? That even if the sky comes crumpling down, life still has to go on.

Even if a loved one decides to break up with you after a 5-year relationship, life goes on.
Even if your parents are getting divorced tomorrow, life goes on.
Even if you fail your thesis and can't obtain your master degree, life goes on.
Even if a famous celebrity passed away today, life goes on.
Even if a car accident ripped you of your limbs and you become paralysed, life goes on.
Even if you get paid $2K a month and your job sux, life goes on.
Even if the worst of the worst happens to you, as long as you are breathing, life just goes on.

I can write a never ending list here if I wanted to. Of the bad things that can happen to someone. But I guess if we are to always mourn or be sad about the bad things in life, we should also remember all the good things in life that happened to us. Fair mah. Haha. If not, we will take the happiness for granted and complain that life ain't fair when bad things befall.

When you get a promotion in your job or a pay raise, life is good and it goes on.
When you go overseas for a fabulous getaway and have a great relaxing time wif ur frenz, life goes on.
When you attend your best friend's wedding and cry as she says her vows, life goes on.
When you see your baby niece coming into this world, life goes on.
When you go on a shopping spree, life goes on.
When you watch a movie that touches your heart, life goes on.
When you go St James and have fun partying wif ur beloved frenz, life goes on.
When you have CNY steamboat wif your loved ones in the comfort of your home, life goes on.
When you receive a nice bday wish or prezzie from a long lost fren, life goes on.
When you hold your granny's hand in yours as you cross the road, life goes on.
When you win $$ at mahjong, be it just $2, life goes on.
When you go par tor with the love of your life, even if you dine at a hawker centre, life goes on.
When you finally accept his marriage proposal, life is good and it goes on.

RIGHT?

Countless other good things can happen to me and to you. & when it happens, I wanna be grateful for it. I wanna cherish it. I wanna remember that feeling of bliss in my heart always.

Bad things or good things, come what may. I guess I'm prepared for it! Haha. Zuo ren yao kan de kai. & be positive about life, which in itself is the most precious gift there ever can be.

I just told a good fren of mine today that I'm the kind of person who laughs very hard when something good happens, and cry my heart out when something bad occurs. But after the cry, I guess I will pick myself up and treat it as a lesson of life. Are you like me? Letting emotions dig deep of you, allowing it to control you sometimes, allowing your tears to flow, allowing your laughter to burst out, allowing each and every emotion to strike a chord in your heart. Probably you will understand me better if you are a girl. Haha. Not that guys are deviod of emotions, but somehow, they can suppress it better than girls.

Lalala. Right. End of today's thoughts. Ciaoz!

Photobucket~Summer~ 2:06 PM



My name:
Summer Goh Yun Shuang
My wish: To lead a life with no regrets..
My belief: Life is beautiful & always full of hope..

Quote of the season:
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for...




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

what's up


our little precious

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

韵双的话

与我分享我心中的点点滴滴...
Photobucket

recent breeze

The One..
The JS Notice of Marriage..
Gonna see jay again...
My little poem...
Year of the Rat..
Happy birthday to Jay Chou...
Perfect..
Our wedding bands...
Couple time..
The little ones..


whispers of the wind

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they are still alive.

O.A. Battista

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself.

Ethel Barrymore

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.

Moliere

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Stephen Levine

last season

May 2005
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
September 2012

friends

Aaron
Andy
Cindy
Click Clique
Diana
Elvina
Esther
Howie
Ivy & Kenneth
Jenny
Jingxian
Katherine
Kexin
Lijun
Michelle
Priyah
Sabrina
Sean
Seline
Sherin
Sherline
Sooyi
Vera
Weimin
Xiaoling
Yingzhen
Yong Siang
Zhili


my visitors