Photobucket

Friday, June 08, 2007

Back from Tokyo!!~


Ohayo!!~ I'm back from Tokyo! & boy did I have alot of fun!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Went to Mt Fuji on Day 1, and although it was raining and we didn't have a a good view of the mountain, but at least I caught a glimpse and guess what, there was still snow on it! Fwah. At night, I had an enjoyable and comfy stay at Kofu Fujiya, a ryokan on the 5th station at Mt Fuji. Dinner was good, with a very wide spread (well, they tend to go for variety more than quantity =p) and I LOVE the CHAWANMUSHI. Ate 3 in total during the trip, and all were yummy-licious!

Dressed in my yukata (japanese summer cotton kimono), me, Elv and Mitch plucked up enough courage to try the onsen (hot spring) at the resort. Why nid courage ley? Haha. Cos if you wanna go into the onsen, you can't have any clothing on! Nothing. Which is why some of them were turned off by the idea that you have to be bare naked in front of colleagues whom you are gg to see everyday in office. Keke. But well, maybe 3 of us are the new gen pple, (of cos lar we are the newbies lor), so we didn't give much tot about it, and we still behaved like obasan and sit on the miny stools to bathe & scrub ourselves after the onsen. Keke. Dat was farnie. We can see ourselves in the mirror!

Shopping at Gotemba was fun with all the factory outlets, although most of the stores are still too way beyond for my humble pocket. & I also not gian for branded goods. Fwah, my colleague bought a Gucci wallet for $600! Which they say was considered cheap already. Hmmm. I don't think I can do that. Haha. Just not cut out for tai-tai life. Huimin says if we have the $$ to splurge, we will think differently. It's because we don't have the means, dat's why we not tempted. Haha. Maybe bah. But I always think nice-looking and fashionable clothes, bags, accessories etc dun have to necessarily be expensive. Sometimes cheap things can be mixed and matched in a superb way that carries off your character and makes you shine.

Moving on, we went to Ueno to buy the local food products. Spent a fortune here again. Keke. Pistachio nuts, dried scallop (2000 yen for one pack! which is S$25), preserved sotong and cuttlefish etc. Ooooo and I tried black sesame ice-cream here too. Yummy yummy! Then I went to pray at the Asakusa temple. Prayed with all my heart.

A trip is never complete without checking out the nightlife, to mi. Waha. On the second nite, I went Rippongi (the famous night entertainment area) with a bunch of my colleagues. Their streets are really happening at nite! Crowded with pple, and full of bright neon lights, and music blasting from everywhere. We checked out a couple of clubs, but they are basically ang moh clubs and very similar to what we have in Singapore. Boring. Wanted to go to a Jap club to satisfy my curiosity, but after searching for half an hour and getting varying directions from the passerbys, we gave up. Sob. & I had to help my gd fren back becos she got drunk from ONE diluted glass of vodka cranberry. Alamak. When i tried their long island, I tot zouk one is even better. So it was quite a sight to see my fren drunk & talk gibberish on Tokyo streets. Keke.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My free & easy day on Sat was spent at TOKYO DISNEYLAND!!~ I've never expected that I will have as much fun as I did, because if you know me, I'm not that kind of gal who digs into all the cutesy little stuff, and idolizes mickey/minnie/donald/stitch/goofy. Keke. But I love the fact that somehow when you stepped into Disney, there is a sense of happiness lingering in the air and it's contagious. =p Everyone warned me not to go Disney on Saturdays because you have to squeeze with the crowds and queue up for ages for the rides. Surprisingly, I was happy that there were alot of pple. Because when I see the little kids with their Daddys Mummys, the little prams nicely parked in the 'pram lots', frenz having fun onboard the rides and giggling with each other, it just makes Disney a wonderful place to be in at that moment in time. I kept smiling, and thinking no wonder some pple have annual gatherings at Disney wif their families.

Keke. I love watching the parade, esp the night one with the sparkling beautiful lightings and the magical feeling of the floats. I love watching Cinderalla dancing with her Prince Charming. Romantic sia. =) The only regret was that my long-awaited fireworks was cancelled due to 'rainy weather', which in the end din even have a single raindrop. Haha. All the wait for nothing. =) & we didn't get to taste the smoked turkey leg after all our high hopes seeing others devour it because the last turkey leg was sold out to the person RIGHT IN FRONT of me. Talk about sueyness. Keke. BUT, as I've always believed, everything in life happens for a reason. Maybe to teach you to laugh louder, or not to cry too hard. =) Maybe it's meant to be that one day I'll come back to Disney, & witness the fireworks while holding a gigantic turkey leg in my hand. Keke. Positivity rulz!!

The last of of shopping at Harajuku was fantastic too. Although I didn't have the chance to take pics with the cosplay pple and see for myself, BUT I was ultimately happy because I managed to buy a few nice-looking and not very expensive tops. Keke. Everyone told me I missed out on alot of good food and good shopping places. Like I didn't eat any Ramen or Teppanyaki, didn't drink sake, didn't go to famous areas like Shinjuku or Ginza or Shibuya to shop, didn't get anything from the all famous 100yen shop (like our Daiso), didn't get anything from Uniglo (like our Giordano which alot of them went crazy shopping here) blah blah blah. Oh, & sadly I didn't do much sightseeing.

But you know what, I don't have any regrets. & I'm glad I went to the places that I went and bought the things that I bought!~ Hehe. There's always a chance for next visit. Lalala. Now I shall focus on saving up for my Europe trip so that I can finally finally meet up wif Junwei dere. Keke. Tata!!


Photobucket~Summer~ 1:19 AM



My name:
Summer Goh Yun Shuang
My wish: To lead a life with no regrets..
My belief: Life is beautiful & always full of hope..

Quote of the season:
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for...




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

what's up


our little precious

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

韵双的话

与我分享我心中的点点滴滴...
Photobucket

recent breeze

Happie birthday to you dear..
My long awaited dream trip to Tokyo...
Growing up...
Another late nite...
My first bouquet of flowers for mummy~
My calendar in office
My alarm clock
Corner*With Love..
Friends for life...
I juz wanna share wif you...


whispers of the wind

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they are still alive.

O.A. Battista

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself.

Ethel Barrymore

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.

Moliere

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Stephen Levine

last season

May 2005
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
September 2012

friends

Aaron
Andy
Cindy
Click Clique
Diana
Elvina
Esther
Howie
Ivy & Kenneth
Jenny
Jingxian
Katherine
Kexin
Lijun
Michelle
Priyah
Sabrina
Sean
Seline
Sherin
Sherline
Sooyi
Vera
Weimin
Xiaoling
Yingzhen
Yong Siang
Zhili


my visitors