Photobucket

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Home Sweet Home...

It was a good 3-week stay for me in Singapore, though I definitely slept less as compared to in Sweden. Hee. No choice! Too little time, too much things to do, too many friends to catch up with! Must really make good use of the limited time there. =) Although I did manage to meet up with quite a few friends, it was done mainly over lunch or dinner and looking back, I think I did spend much quality time catching up with my dear family, which makes me happy!! The first night that we arrived, my family came to jw's house for a steamboat session and it was really a joyous occasion. I hugged and carried my niece, baby rena, for the first time ever! It was also delightful to see xuanxuan and yuheng who have all grown up since the last time we met.


Baby rena has got very nice features, especially her eyes and her long lashes. It's just that she has short hair and is chubby now and they say she looks boyish. Oh well, I think she will grow up to be a pretty gal! Hee.


Here is the 4-year-old xuanxuan and 2-year-old yuheng. Yuheng can talk soooo well now and he is friendly with almost everybody which makes him very likeable and popular. Xuanxuan has all grown up and she is shy at times and hyperactive at others. Feels like a small grown up already when she told me, "Shen-shen, I don't want you and shu-shu to go Sweden, can?" So endearing.


Another family gathering session at Pu Tian in Tampines Mall on the last weekend before jw flies off. It's always nice to know how well our families can blend with each other, and of course, we do hope this can stay forever!


On a fine night, we were at East Coast with Robin and Joanne and guess what, jw's parents joined us for a pool session and subsequently bowling session. Haha. So onz! It was fun to see them learning to play pool and trying out their newly acquired skills. I think the $2 game was so worth it for them! Hee. It's never too late to learn something new yeah.


After the exhaustion from pool and bowling (not that I was able to participate in either considering baby angel, hee), we went to Thomson for prata! My long-awaited crispy gosong. Hehe. Finally! Just minutes before the stall closed up for the night. Hee. Yummy yummy prata!

In the next two weeks that jw was not around, I also had fun with our families at the ktv session at Teo Heng in Katong Shopping Centre. Can't believe how advanced all their systems have become, even better than Partyworld and Kbox! I was amazed by how you can use handwritten words to choose songs and singers. Woohoo. Love that function! Ohhhh and everything could be done touch-screen! So cool. Even when you go from page to page, you just have to put your fingers and drag it across the screen. Haha. Am I suagu or what. =) Anyway, our parents bought 15 cans of beer, longans, oranges, cuttlefish and potato chips into the room. You are allowed to bring anything you want, good yeah? And we finished everything! Haha. It was nice to see them so happy and singing Hokkien song by Hokkien song. Thanks to Huimin who also popped by and we were able to sing a few of our favourite songs together.

The weekend before I took off, I went with my daddy and mummy for Katong Laksa! Wahahaha. One of my more desired items on my food list. Yummy yummy.


I also managed to meet up with several groups of friends over the couple of weeks, just doing simple catching up over dinner and dessert. Felt healthy. Haha. Except for the one time we went with jw's gang to St James. Well, that was abit too heavy and loud music for baby angel, I think. Despite having been gone a year, most of my friends still looked almost the same and everything in their lives were almost the same too. Hee. Well, probably except for sisi who now has a 10-month old boy and is pregnant with the second one again. =) So happy for her. And also hazel who's getting ROM this Oct and holding her customary next Jan! Excited for my dear jie mei too. Wooooo, and a couple of others who either left or entered new relationships. Other than that, it felt like nothing much had changed in this year. A big thank you to all the friends who managed to squeeze in time to meet up!! =)



Here was dear Honey, who is doing well under the care and love of jw's parents. It's really very nice of them to take care of her for us, and she seems to be growing well, eating well, and doing great! Honey was always jw's favourite. Hee. The mummy wabbit!



A highlight of my trip this time round was the aqua aerobics sessions I had at Ngee Ann Poly. Thanks much to dear Sisi who planned this for both of us. Ain't so often you get a best friend who's also pregnant and due at roughly the same time right. Hee. Thanks sweetie! I really enjoyed all the four classes thoroughly. And I am so hoping to hit the waters again and continue to do the exercises here in Sweden! Hee.



The pool at Ngee Ann Poly Alumni Club was really cool and sleek, with a nice ledge and beautiful view. Love it! Made me feel very calm and happy. Hee. Our instructor, Adelyn, was a nice and patient girl who always waited for us, the latecomers. Wahaha. She was friendly and chatty, and she also let us bring our hubbys, our friends, and baby rioson to the pool! Hee.



Tata! Here's baby Rioson, the first baby amongst the jie meis. Hee. He's already 10-month old and this was just the second time I was seeing him in person, after the first week's gathering at sisi's house! He was so cute and full of giggles when playing in the water. Babies mostly love the water, don't they? Next time we will bring baby angel to the pool too! Hee.



Say Cheese! The already mummy and mummy-to-be. Knowing each other for almost 14 years, it's nice to feel that we are still bonded and moving slowly onto the next phase of our lives together. From the ignorant students to the fun-loving badminton players to the every-week-go-party gang to the happy brides and now to the exciting phase of being mothers. W-O-W. Friendship rocks!



Good times always fly past. Soon, I was back at Changi Airport T3 all ready to board my flight back to Copenhagen. I was not really sad to leave, because I missed jw alot and really wanted to be by his side again. Hee. I guess baby angel missed his voice at nights too. Wooo and I am definitely excited to be seeing popo and ah yi next week and our parents at the end of the year! It's gonna be crowded but merry in the house soon!


Thanks to my dear jie meis for making the effort to send me off. =) It may be a simple gesture, but it always makes me very gan dong. Woooo and also to steff who popped by too! I had some nice kaya bread and horlicks before bidding farewell to Singapore again.

Fwah! Hee. Here are some of the stuff we bought in preparation for baby's arrival. Oh did I mention we should be naming her Rui En, Angel? Hee. Rui En symbolises the gratitude to Sweden, where she was made, born and bred for the early years of her life. Xiao En En! Hee. Sounds nice to us. Soon we will be shopping for even more of her stuff here. Waha. Get ready for our pockets to be bombed. =p Till the next update then! Tata!


Photobucket~Summer~ 5:14 PM



My name:
Summer Goh Yun Shuang
My wish: To lead a life with no regrets..
My belief: Life is beautiful & always full of hope..

Quote of the season:
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for...




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

what's up


our little precious

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

韵双的话

与我分享我心中的点点滴滴...
Photobucket

recent breeze

Happy 6th Anniversary...
First Strawberry Picking Session..
R&R in Kiel, Germany
The magical moments...
JJ's 30th bday..
I love snow!!~
Hi BABY!!~~
Yummy foodie here i come!~
First trip to Stockholm... 楽しかったの!
New clothes for shuang shuang...


whispers of the wind

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they are still alive.

O.A. Battista

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself.

Ethel Barrymore

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.

Moliere

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Stephen Levine

last season

May 2005
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
September 2012

friends

Aaron
Andy
Cindy
Click Clique
Diana
Elvina
Esther
Howie
Ivy & Kenneth
Jenny
Jingxian
Katherine
Kexin
Lijun
Michelle
Priyah
Sabrina
Sean
Seline
Sherin
Sherline
Sooyi
Vera
Weimin
Xiaoling
Yingzhen
Yong Siang
Zhili


my visitors