Photobucket

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

When you lose something, you gain something else.. =)


Have you heard this before? Often, when the door of happiness closes on us, we spend so long looking at it that we don't realise that another has opened. It's very true, I feel. Sometimes, what we just need is the courage to let go and move on.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Just like the pic above, which I'm sure all of us have seen it before, there's always two sides to everything in life. Are you the half full or half empty type of person? I think I am still the hall full type. Keke. Let me tell you why I suddenly tot of saying so.

SO, I lost my phone on Friday rite. Yeah although I didn't tear or wail over it, but definitely I felt heartache deep down. But, these two days, I've not only overcome it, but suddenly I feel that the ill wind blew about something good too! Keke.

On Monday, I met my dad at Tamp central to go to Hello shop to get a new phone. Hehe. He can get it for free since his plan is over 2 years liaoz and can upgrade. Yeappie Whoopie!! But the happy thing is not that I managed to get back the same model phone, but because I actually spent quality time with my dad!! MY DAD!! Oh my gosh, the last time we went out together alone, was probably more than 10 or even 15 years ago. No joke. But dat nite, we had dinner at TM foodcourt together. We talked about our work, & that was when I realised he works in Kembangan and he realized I work in Tanjong Pagar. & he started telling mi about what are the good food available in my work area. Keke. Yar. You can tell how long we have not talked to each other like this.

We talked about working OT, and he was shocked at my hours. Haha. and no OT pay. He then started to tell mi not to go drinking too much, and reallie behaved like a dad and say that he and my mum have given me alot of freedom since young (which is very true), and they want me to know how to think for myself. Yes, daddy. I will!!

We then took a walk together as we headed for home. That felt SO GOOD! Side by side with my daddy. Again, there's no memory recollection of whether we did this before, but as far as I know, NEH. We didn't. So that Monday nite became one of my most treasured nites ever. Daddy also insisted on paying for half of my 2GB memory card, despite I dun tink he earns alot. That was just so sweet, although he was very fierce when he insisted. Keke. I know deep down inside, he dotes on me alot. So happie he managed to buy a phone casing and pouch also, after so many months of wanting to buy. Seeing daddy using his old fone, somehow I felt guilty for getting another new one. Haiz. Maybe I should start to be even more easily contented with my life.

Aniwae, moving on, I've been trying to recover my contacts these days. & what's a better way then to speak to my frenz directly to get their contacts? Hee. So, tonite I decided to msn some peeps whom I seldom tok to liaoz. & WELL, it feels good to have a chat~~ Shiling from Olive (who updated me so much on the happenings), Shu yi from Hall 6 (who gave me much of the gals' contacts and shared wif mi on her final year), Zhiwei from Hall 6 (realised he and Cuishan are working so near me and Diana and we can all meet for lunch!), Sihui from Onine (my bestie in JC days and it feels gd to catch up with her again), Kailin from Hall 6 (My junior date! so good dat we are still in contact and promised to have dinner someday), and I also caught up abit with Junxian, Wayne, Xiaoling, Jingxian. Keke. Feels good!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Like I said, there's always different ways of viewing things. Keke. Just for fun, do you see a frog, a horse or both? Well, I see both. and most of us should see both bahz. So, once again, I'm energized and prepared for whatever life has in store for me. Everything in my life happens for a reason, either to teach me to laugh louder or not to cry too hard. I now laugh about the worst Saturday of my life, and I am thankful for the things I gained out of it. Precious moments with my dad, realisation of my dad's love for me, chance to catch up wif old frenz, chance to download new songs into my new fone, realisation of the need for stronger sense of responsibility as a teacher, more determination to be a role model for my students, what more do I ask for... =)

Lalala. Positivity rulez!! Thanks to all those who helped me to recover my contacts. Muakz!! Have a good week ahead everybody..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Photobucket~Summer~ 10:42 PM



My name:
Summer Goh Yun Shuang
My wish: To lead a life with no regrets..
My belief: Life is beautiful & always full of hope..

Quote of the season:
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for...




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

what's up


our little precious

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

韵双的话

与我分享我心中的点点滴滴...
Photobucket

recent breeze

The Worst Saturday of my life..
Never Let You Go...
Happy Daddy's Day!
The one and only 4G..
Laughter is the best medicine..
It's Popcorn week!
Spot Summer Contest!~
Back from Tokyo!!~
Happie birthday to you dear..
My long awaited dream trip to Tokyo...


whispers of the wind

The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they are still alive.

O.A. Battista

You grow up the day you have your first real laugh, at yourself.

Ethel Barrymore

The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.

Moliere

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Stephen Levine

last season

May 2005
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
September 2012

friends

Aaron
Andy
Cindy
Click Clique
Diana
Elvina
Esther
Howie
Ivy & Kenneth
Jenny
Jingxian
Katherine
Kexin
Lijun
Michelle
Priyah
Sabrina
Sean
Seline
Sherin
Sherline
Sooyi
Vera
Weimin
Xiaoling
Yingzhen
Yong Siang
Zhili


my visitors